[3830] WPX SSB KK4TXZ SO(A)AB(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KK4TXZ@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KK4TXZ SO(A)AB(R) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:32:02 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KK4TXZ
Operator(s): KK4TXZ
Station: KK4TXZ

Class: SO(A)AB(R) LP
QTH: Rincon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 34:16

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  103
   20:  271
   15:  175
   10:  157
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I was first licensed Sep 2013, and this was my first time participating in CQ
WPX, and I had many memorable moments! I had plans to put up my tower and new
K4YIO hex beam on the air, but Mother Nature had another idea. I worked with
what I have: Yaesu FT-897, MFJ 949-E manual tuner, and my end-fed long wire and
homebrew 40/80m dipole.

I was surprised to work HV0A on 10m on my first call, took time to read the
bios on QRZ.com of HZ1HZ (even though I tried to work her, I couldn't due to
QRM), laughed when I saw the call for AG1RL show up on the cluster, and I have
a list of QSL cards to send out. My furthest contact was VK5CE/P at 10,153
miles from my QTH, and I happened to work KT4ZB who is just a few miles from
me. I encountered ops that seemed to want to only work stations with booming
signals, and likewise worked stations who were patient (despite the conditions)
and were determined to complete a valid exchange.

Every contest, I learn something new, and I'm thankful that the committee takes
the time to organize contests, and the sponsors who donate their time and
resources to make it fun and rewarding. If anything, I've learned that it is
useful to have a vanity call sign that's phonetically easier to say.

73 de KK4TXZ