[3830] MoQP OM2VL(@OM8A) SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, totya@zsmkomds.edu.sk
Subject: [3830] MoQP OM2VL(@OM8A) SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:52:58 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party

Call: OM2VL
Operator(s): OM2VL
Station: OM8A

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   13
   40:   29     23
   20:   94     53
   15:   63     69
   10:    9      1
----------------------------
Total:  208    146      0  Mults = 106  Total Score = 59,772

Club: Slovak Contest Group

Comments:

What a weekend ...
   I was very tired from last 2 month qualification contests for WRTC 2018
(ARRL CW, ARRL SSB, RDXC, WPX SSB) + QSO Parties: MN, BC,VT, NC, ID, LA -
totally 9 weekend on the QTH.

But for me it was impossible to ignore MO QP. Some weeks before the QP some of
my friends sent his schedule and remembered me "MO QP coming soon"

I don't like when on the same weekend are more QP - I cant ignore any of them
but of course I missed many when I worked stations in another state ...
This weekend was the "TRIPPLE M" : MO, MT, MS.
My results on MT: 23 QSO / 13 MTI & MS: 101 QSO / 48 MTI.

And now some words about MO QP.
My tactic was try CQ on 15m SSB when condx good and often check the mobile frq
on CW. Fortunally the condx was excellent and many MO stations answered to my
CQ - thank you very much for the many QSOs to resident stations and especially
for some mobiles which are still back on my frq and gave me new points and
multipliers. During this QSOs 10.000 times checked frqs was: 14034 W0M, 14037
W0E, 14041 K5YAA, 14046,7 N0E and when not found same frq on 15m. Sometimes we
try QSY also on 10m with W0E, signals was over the nois level but 9 times we
can do it on CW and 1 time on SSB (1x W0H, NW0M and other with W0E)

My last QSO on 15m was at 21:15Z
first 40m QSO at 23:00Z
first 80m QSO at 00:44Z
last 20m QSO was at 01:03Z - QSY from 40m with W0E it seemed the band is dead,
because I don't heard any station so I focused on 40/80m and it seems it was
mistake ... at 03:42Z I made QSO on 14041 with Jerry K5YYA FB signal. Maybe I
must also after 01Z to try move stations from 40m to 20m ... who know ?

After ending 1st part I must back home because every year on Easter sunday we
are have lunch with my brother's family, sister on my parents house. After the
lunch I back to the QTH and start the 2nd part on 15m SSB and S/P mobiles on
CW.

I am very happy with my final result, I never dream to make 354 QSO during MO
QP.

Most QSOs with mobiles:

K5YAA/M 72/45 (QSO/Cty) I missed only Platte from Jerry's route
W0E/M 67/24
W0M/M 26/14
N0E/M 21/17
W0O/M 15/9
K0E/M 12/12
W0S/M 12/2
KD0VMM/M 11/8
W0H/M 8/6
N0W/M 5/5
K0W/M 3/3
N0O/M 2/2

Most QSOs with resident: KC0CMO(6), NW0M(5), W0MA(5), K0DEQ(4), KC0CWU(4), N0M
(4).

1X1 CALLSIGNS: I worked 16 from 17 - missed only N0S.

Missed counties: DUN, GAS, MRE, OSA, OZA, PEM, RAY, TAN, WAS.

Score included 100+100 BONUS points for wkd W0MA and submitting Cabrillo LOG.

Once again my BIG THANKS to all stations who called me, to all mobiles for
giving me so many QSO's + counties and to BEARS for organizing this excellent
QP!

antennas:
80m: 2 el Yagi - 50m up + beverage
40m: 3/3 Yagi - 46/12m up