[3830] NMQP WD5COV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5cov@vtc.net
Subject: [3830] NMQP WD5COV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:48:24 +0000
                    New Mexico QSO Party

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:   71     74
   20:   56    679
   15:    2      1
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  129    754      0  Mults = 87  Total Score = 176,088

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

For the past several years on this contest day we have experienced high winds
and sometimes heavy blowing dust. I remember a few years while running a multi
multi op at my qth with local club members, the highway was closed and everyone
got "trapped" at my QTH for several hours. This year we have had no
wind to speak of - yet and oh what a beautiful day we experienced weather wise.
As for the band conditions, well they were very El-Stink-O.
15M was completely dead for hours and only managed 3 qso's. However the plan
was to start out on 40M to work the local NM counties and then go to 20M. We
were able to get a few good runs going on 20M.
This is the first time I have worked all states in this qso party. Worked 22 NM
 counties and only 8 DX this year. In past years well over 40 dx in the log. And
we can't forget abut the 7 Canadian prov we logged.
I gueaa considering the poor band conditions this was not to bad a result and
we did manage to have a lot of fun working everyone. Thanks for the Q's and CU
again next year , this time hoping for great weather and great band
conditions!

73
Dave WD5COV