[3830] 144SprngSprnt WZ1V Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wz1v@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt WZ1V Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 12:27:02 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 74  Mults = 21  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 1,554

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Good to hear a decent level of activity on last night's 2M Sprint contest. Even
worked a few "woofs" or "humdingers". Best NE was K1DY/R in
FN54 (TNX to K1WHS for the heads up). To the north worked both W1AIM and W1GHZ
in FN34. To the west caught VE3ZV with a Q5 signal from EN92, over 400 miles
out. Worked as far south as NG4C FM16, even caught the QRP portable W8SPM in
FM08, another 400 plus mile contact. Total was 74 Q's in 21 grids. Not bad
considering I had a high noise level the first 2 hours and my MFJ voice keyer
broke right after that, just as my voice gave out, figures.
I was running 350W to a homebrew 14 el. 24 ft. yagi at 60 ft, which I just put
up a week ago. It was a good trial run for the new antenna. Thanks to everyone
who got on and to the contest sponsors.
73, Ron WZ1V, FN31RH