[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 04:12:02 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Apr 30

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :35

  160:
   80:  11      5
   40:  18     15
   20:   6      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  35     26  Total Score = 910

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

New antenna, as of late this afternoon.  We cut down my Carolina Windom Compact
80 and contributed it to the trash pile.  It has caused several problems
lately, so it was time to turn over a new leaf.

First time out with the 400' sky wire up about 40-60 feet.  Having to use an
additional external tuner, because DX Engineering sent us a 1:1 balun rather
than a 4:1 balun to match the ladder line.  Oh, well...learning curve.

I enjoyed hearing good friends tonight.  Thanks to all who answered my calls.

And, many thanks to my cross-town buddy/rival, Joe Moffatt, AB5OR, for using
his Phantom 2 drone to drape the new antenna wires and pulley lines over these
tall pines and hardwoods in my yard.  Fellas, THAT is the way to put up wire
antennas!!

73,
--Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS
Kenwood 480SAT (100wattISH) into wire loop up about 50-60'