[3830] 432SprngSprnt W8SPM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt W8SPM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 03:52:41 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W8SPM
Operator(s): W8SPM
Station: W8SPM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM08
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 26  Mults = 16  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 416

Club:

Comments:

First time in many years I have operated 432 from FM08 Spruce Knob,WV in a
Contest ! Conditions seemed very poor for me from the start except one bright
spot was working FN02-03-04 to the North! Bob K8TQK in EM89 was the last west
grid I worked! To the south I worked W4DEX in EM95 and NT4RT in EM94 ! Also
worked my friend Kent- KA2KQM and K4CSO in EM74! I also heard nothing from any
Northest Stations and spent over a hour trying to call K1TEO ? I was running
100 watts with a single 719B antenna at 64 feet from the top of the mountain!
Cell phone service is spotty at best and could not utilize the computer to look
for contacts! I did not hear a signal from my location from 9:50 PM on which
really concerned me ? It started raining about a 1/2 hour after the Sprint was
over and it usually comes from the west so that may have been the reason I
didn't hear much at all from the west ?
 Thanks to the people sponsoring the Sprint Contests and I am hoping activity
will increase to the levels of activity 30 years ago? This was my 44th trip to
Spruce Knob since around 1980 and I hope to be on 3 bands 2-6-432 from Spruce
Knob for the June and September Contest ? Sam W8SPM