[3830] 7QP N7XU(K4XU) MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7XU(K4XU) MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 16:43:37 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: N7XU

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: ID/OR
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   42
   40:  232
   20:  481
   15:  179
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  934     0       0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 189,924

Club: CODXC

Comments:

753 miles and 17 hours in the seat.

My hat is off to Daniel Brock, WB4RFQ, who drove all the way from Twin Falls ID
to Prineville OR. And in doing that, he learned to copy my exchange at 30 WPM on
the WinKey’s tinny sidetone. Not bad for a ham with less than 2 years
experience. He's going to be dangerous some day.

Band     QSOs    Mul
   3.5      42        0
     7     232       16
    14     481      42
    21     179      10
 Total     934      68
Score: 189,924

Rig: TS480s, Hustler 40/20/15 pitchfork on the LR fender, 80m Hamstick on a
triple magmount on the rear deck of a VW Jetta diesel. N1MM+ on a Dell laptop
and its conventional AC PS powered from a 100W (carefully shielded) inverter.

When you consider that an 80m Hamstick is less than 3% efficient, conditions
must have been good. I worked all the way to FL on 80.

Kudos to OM2VL who snagged us in 8 counties, twice on 40m. Four were new for
him.

My thanks to all of the 7th area sponsoring clubs and the individual state
captains for their hard work and generous support of the 7QP.

73,

Dick  K4XU
Bend, OR
7QP Manager