[3830] 7QP K7D Cnty Exped M/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd7ehb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7D Cnty Exped M/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 15:39:30 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K7D
Operator(s): NA7OM W8WOM WB6FFC KK6AM
Station: K7D

Class: Cnty Exped M/M LP
QTH: ORJAC
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     1274     0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 178,000

Club:

Comments:

Great contest and wonderful weather! Single County Multi/Multi Low Power. Setup
a triband yagi on a military mast at 58', a 40meter inverted V hanging down and
a killer 5el 20meter monobander on a trailer tower on a spit of land extending
into a local lake in Jackson County. Made the most of the low prop numbers by
concentrating on the "money" bands of 15, 20 and 40 between two
rigs.

The 20 meter monobander was a huge sight, hanging over us and was amazing! Sure
was a struggle to get it up the tower but worth the exhausting effort in every
respect. At times the Q's poured in like a tsunami and made the op at the
bottom of it really  sweat, logging fast and furious in working the pileups!
Got us clear to Africa and getting into Europe was a breeze even with the low
prop numbers.
Got the first Q in the hopper at 2 minutes after starting time and the last on
40 meters at 3 minutes to 12 midnight before closing up shop and grinning ear
to ear!
We had planned for mixed...oh well. Our CW guy got lost and couldn't find the
place! Made us hustle for Q's for a upside.
Thanks for every QSO in the log everybody. We're do it again next year!
Scott, NA7OM