[3830] 50SprngSprnt W8SPM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8spm@suddenlink.net
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt W8SPM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 00:20:33 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W8SPM
Operator(s): W8SPM
Station: W8SPM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM08
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 41  Mults = 24  Tot Dist(km) = 1  Total Score = 984

Club:

Comments:

Operated from Spruce Knob,WV FM08~ I am a rookie operating 6 meters in any
situation! I had issues in the 432 Sprint of unknown origin with small amp not
working correctly? In came to bear early in the 6 meter Sprint ! My IC-7000 was
shutting down and doing a reset many times? I switched radios with same result ?
I also changes power cord feeds to eliminate that possible issue ? Long story
short I shut station off more nearly half the Sprint ?
  After returning home I took Astron Supply apart and found 100000uf capacitor
on + side stud was completely burned off ? I have never seen this happen before
? Guess you always need a spare when operating portable ? I have operated on
batteries for many years of portable operation and never used a gen set to
supply power to a DC supply!
   I operated 3 of the last 4 Sprints and really enjoyed it ! The 6 meter
Sprint appeared to be poor conditions from my prospective ?
    I want to thank those running the 2015 Sprints and to Kent KA2KQM for his
information to me! Hope to see you all in June ARRL Contest ? I hope to be on
2-6-432 either QRP or Single Op 3 Band Category ? Hopefully interest will
increase on the VHF- UHF Bands to the level I remember in the 1980's and 1990's
-My first trip in the early 1980's to Spruce Knob FM08 has really has defined my
life as a Ham ! The 6 meter Sprint was my 45th trip to the mountain and
hopefully I can be there many more ?    Sam  W8SPM