[3830] WPX CW NE9U SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NE9U SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 00:47:50 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:    9
   40:  293
   20:  676
   15:  381
   10:   22
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Hadn't planned on doing this contest as we were up in VE3 fishing.  But got all
fished out and came back late Thursday.

That gave me Friday to figure out my SO2R setup with my "new" K3,
TR4W logging program and Windows 2000 computer ....luckily everything went
together pretty smoothly and I was ready to go at kick-off.

Wasn't fully recovered from all my fun in Canada, so was pretty zonked Friday
night and even Saturday...things eventually got better.

I'm still an SO2R rookie of sorts, as I usually only use it for CWSS ( and not
very well!) ....the "new" TR4W seemed to work really good though.
And since I was LP, didn't have any interference or station equipment acting
strangely.

Anyway, fun time!  I'm amazed I was able to run as much as I did with success.
I was even more amazed at how well my 40 meter antenna played into
Europe....must have been good ears on that side!

Wish 10 would have had some life.  Guess  SF of 92 doesn't cut it.  :-(
Hope that isn't a sign of things to come....

73

Scott  NE9U

Eqiupment

K3
FT1000D
Array Solutions SO2R
Cushcraft A4 @ 56 feet
Wire fed Inverted Vee....center at 50 feet.  Ends at 10 feet
80/40 sloping dipole