[3830] WPX CW HA3LN SOSB80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, csaba@ha3ln.hu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW HA3LN SOSB80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 00:49:26 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: HA3LN
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: Nagybereny
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  606
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Hungarian DX Club

Comments:

FT1000MP > 90W > Inv-L (15/6m) with 5 gnd radials to get ~50Ohm for direct
match, no RX antenna.

Actually I planned to enter SO20M HP but we could not manage to lift the new
OWA Yagi to the tower position. There's nothing worse than seeing a "ready
for action" antenna on the ground. On top of this one of the PA tubes blown
up right before the beginning. :-) These two made me go with 80m LP.

I could lay ~30 radials with L-network for better ground screen performance but
this scenario was absolutely out of scope before the contest. This pick turned
out great however the DX ratio is only ~6%. I even felt strong when I tried to
break through the pile-ups. I could make every DX station I heard but it would
be interesting to see how many of them QSY'ed to 80m. I think the upper bands
were running too well.

I'm really interested in the competition's score but hope they were in HP
category. :-)

Thanks to All who called me especially to the 100 German stations who's
contributed 1/6 to the overall Q total.

If you recorded the the contest please contact me. I'd like to hear my signal.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN