[3830] WPX CW KH7XX(N2NL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KH7XX(N2NL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 04:43:07 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KH7XX
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: KH6YY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oahu
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:    5
   40:  468
   20: 1319
   15: 1528
   10:  117
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions for the first 3/4 of the contest were excellent, with 20 and 15m wide
open to Europe over the North Pole for many hours both days.  40m was good, but
was made useless by the OTH radar the first night.  The second night had no
radar, but suffered from the typical 2nd night lack of activity.  10m was open
both days to NA and JA via Es, but there weren't many there to work.

I ran out of operating time 2.5 hours before the end of the contest.  In
hindsight, I should have taken more time off at the end, since my last 90
minutes on the air were brutally slow, due to a late contest propagation
disturbance of some type.  I also made a critical error in calculating off time
that probably cost me 60+ QSOs.  A 56 minute break does not constitute the
minimum length for an off-time period.  Note to self:  re-read the contest
rules before the contest.  This said, I'm still happy since this result is a
bit higher than my 2013 effort as NH2T from Guam.

I owe Alex KH6YY a debt of gratitude for allowing me once again to operate from
his beautiful station on the North Shore of Oahu.  Also to Kimo, KH7U, for
assisting in getting me set up before the contest and with cleanup after.

73, Dave N2NL/KH6