[3830] WPX CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:57:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9CK KB9OWD KC9EE K9ZO K9CT KK9K K3WA
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    7
   80:  224
   40:  951
   20: 1921
   15: 1617
   10:  127
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Highlights...great teamwork, food, broke W9 record, and fun.

Lowlights...QRN, storms/rain, radio failure, missing W9 prefix record

This is a great team....they work together to keep the chairs filled and every
multiplier worked. Lots of celebrating for every multiplier worked and
unselfish willingness to share the fun of running.

None of us lose any weight over the weekend. Brats are brought from Wisconsin
and the outdoor cooker gets a workout. A few beers enjoyed at the right time.
It is a radio contest with great eating!

Conditions were not as good as we had hoped but it is almost summer. 10m was
almost non-existent. Too bad the sunspots have already started to slow down.
QRN made qsos on 160 and 80 difficult. Everyone was very cooperative repeating
their number.

Everything is gone over before the contest starts...software updates,
connections, amplifiers, SWR, CW macros...but Murphy always finds something. We
had one radio quit just before the contest started. It had checked ok just 24
hours earlier....glad we had a spare and swapped it out within 5 minutes of the
start.

Our multiplier total is one shy of tying the W9 prefix record that we set last
year doing M/M. We really tried to get the last few mults in the log but just
simply ran out of time. We were mid-qso with the tying multiplier when the time
elapsed. We were very satisfied to beat our own W9 M/2 record set a couple of
years ago.

Thanks to everyone for getting on and making qsos...especially with us!

73, Craig K9CT