[3830] WPX CW OH6GDX M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jpe@uwasa.fi
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OH6GDX M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 17:52:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH6GDX
Operator(s): OH6BG OH6GDX OH6QU
Station: OH6GDX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Petalax
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   41
   80:  134
   40:  243
   20:  646
   15:  461
   10:  161
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

An extremely inspiring and motivating contest from the new contest QTH of
Patrik, OH6GDX!

An enthusiastic young contester, Patrik has been building his station on the
west coast of Finland, and now challenged two 'semi-retired' CW operators Jari
OH6QU and Jari OH6BG to take the challenge of testing the new antennas and
equipment in his cottage 'resort'. Also, the team was inspired by the new
category in the WPX - Multi-One LP - and decided to set the baseline for
Finnish records in that category.

The goal was optimistic: to score 2000 QSOs just running barefoot with a
tribander @18M AGL, a multi-band vertical, and dipoles for 80 and 160M.
Although it was hard work, as it turned out, we almost made it :) It really was
a learning experience as we had no prior knowledge of how the antennas would
work, nor of how to assist the running operator by continuously scanning the
band on the VFO-B of the radio. We learned by the minute, and a bunch of new
ideas were tested to maximize the effort.

Propagation-wise, the upper bands were in a pretty nice shape here at 63
degrees North. 28 MHz was blessed with some sporadic E to the rest of Europe as
well as DX, and 21 MHz was the money band together with 14 MHz, with a good
Sunday morning opening from OH6 over the North Pole to KH6. Our efforts on the
lower bands were not perhaps the optimum. But nevertheless, it was nice to see
that sometimes we succeeded in having good runs instead of the never-ending
S&P.

Thanks again for the QSOs, and we'll be seeing you in the next contest!

Patrik OH6GDX, Jari OH6QU, Jari OH6BG