[3830] WPX CW C6AYM(K9GY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW C6AYM(K9GY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:09:07 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: C6AYM
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: C6AYM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL06QM
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  397
   20:  379
   15:  150
   10:   63
------------
Total:  989  Prefixes = 547  Total Score = 1,929,269

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Ended up being a casual field day style operation due to multiple factors. Used
a 40-10m OCF Dipole (the one used for two years in Afghanistan). MicroHam USB
keying from computer had issues on 40+20...ended up sending manually. Watched
NHL Chicago Blackhawks defeat Anaheim Ducks in game 7 on Saturday so missed
about five hours of 40m time on day 2. Couldn't figure out how to lower the
transmit side tone on the Icom IC-7100...argh! Hey at least I won C6A :-)

Best part was hearing XW1IC on Day 2 at 1509z on 15m. Worst part was not being
able to work him, hah!

Next year I think I'll buy a Kenwood TS-590SG at Dayton and operate from home.
Cost wise it would be close anyways. Doesn't make much sense to travel when SF
is below 100 and using a wire antenna.

About 30% QSL via LOTW already.

Yah Mon it's better in The Bahamas! CQ CONTEST!

All the best,
Eric K9GY
Freeport, Bahamas