[3830] WPX CW VP9/DL3YM(@VP9GE) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andreas.gissel@hs-lu.de
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VP9/DL3YM(@VP9GE) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 22:02:43 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/DL3YM
Operator(s): DL3YM
Station: VP9GE

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Hamilton, Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 36.0

------------
  160:    0
   80:    6
   40:  651
   20:  755
   15:  645
   10:    7
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

A contest I believe is a parable of life itself. There is not going to be
sunshine all the time. It all depends on how you persevere and make it through
the difficult times.
Winding up my two week QRL trip to W4 and W1 ad Ed’s terrific apartments on
VP9 sure was a memorable experience. Ed is the nicest host you can imagine and
he took excellent care of me while I was on the Island.
We did encounter a couple of technical issues, though, realizing that the beam
was stuck due North which is not the best direction if you want to run EU. It
seemed to work OK into the US, and sure it was good short path into JA. Found
out that the 40m dipole would be the best choice on 15 into EU. I had
originally planned on going after the NA low power assisted record, but given
the circumstances and a 10m band that never materialized for me that idea was
quickly going down the drain.
Decided to stick it out no matter what and was happy to see the score counter
accelerate over time. I found condx on Saturday to be significantly better than
on Sunday. In the final our I was determined to reach the 5.6 million mark and I
did with 2 Qs in the final minute.
Tnx all for the Qs. Tnx Ed for being such a nice host, for showing me around
the island and for introducing me to the secrets of rum swizzle. I am
determined to return!
Special tnx to my XYL and my two boys who gave their OK even though it would
delay my return home.