[3830] WPX CW AB1J SO(A)SB15(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AB1J SO(A)SB15(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 23:26:10 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO(A)SB15(TS) LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 26:33

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  353
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

With the SFI below 100 all weekend, I found 15m poor, signals weak, the skip
long with serious QSB.  Lots of requests for repeats by everyone.  Some folks
thought conditions were great.  Different planet.

When things are good, my call often ends up as A61J.  When conditions are poor,
it becomes AD1J.  This weekend I had only one A61J situation, many, many AD1Js.
My signal didn't have enough oomph to even sound like a B, let alone being
mistaken for a 6.  Geez.

During Sunday afternoon I shut down for a distant lightning storm and took a
nap.  That's unusual for this time of year.  The thunderstorm, that is, not the
nap.

I had only one answer to a CQ. Thanks WA5RML. All else Assistance and S&P.

Used N1MM+ for the first time in a major contest and it worked well.  For RTTY
it needs some work before the CQ-WW-RTTY in September.

N1MM+ supports CWGet (or Fldigi) as a code reader.  I tried CWGet to help
confirm serial numbers and was surprised how useful it was.  I spent some slow
times adjusting my receiver for maximum effective CW audio for my ears and
CWGet.  I finally hit a sweet spot for both of us.

The 15m noise level was nearly zero plus my house and neighborhood were
surprisingly quiet all weekend.  At times I thought there was something wrong
with my receiver.

I rate the weekend at 6.5 stars (out of 10) for 15m.

Thanks for the Qs.  See you sporadically over the summer.  Have a good one.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000 N1MM+ WinH8
Attic dipole