[3830] WPX CW K3CCR M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K3CCR M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:15:54 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): K3DI N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  216
   20:  408
   15:  377
   10:   28
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington retirement community
at FM 18OW in MD. For the May 2015 CQ WPX CW, available ops were
N3UM and K3DI. We had other obligations, but together we put in
24 operator-hours, in the Multi-Two HP category.  The first 4
hours on 40 m. we did S&P so we could work only 6-point EU
stations and 4 point VEs. That worked well: we got 810 QSO points
on 40 the first night.  The next days, propagation was good on 20
and 15 m., much better on 15 than computer forecasts.  We were
able to get good EU runs on 15 and 20 and some distant Asian mults
on 15.  We spent only a short time on 10 m.  Interestingly, our
QSO point totals were comparable on 40, 20, and 15 m.  A winter
storm flattened our 80 m. dipole under a big fallen tree, and we
didn't get trees cleared in time to put up a new one, so no 80 m.