[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:01:57 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 12

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak Remote
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:  13     10
   20:  16     14
   15:  12      9
   10:
    6:
-------------------
Total:  41     33  Total Score = 1,353

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another HORRIBLE night, with 2 HUGE mistakes:

1. CONNECTING a digital recorder to the RX and plugging my headphones into the
unit right before the NSL started. The audio level proved to be FUBAR and
trying to increase the volume only yielded distortion.  It was UGLY and really
threw me off 'cuz everyone sounded soooooo weak ;-(

2. FAILING TO DISCONNECT the recorder after the first 10 seconds so I could
have regular audio.  The result was 30 minutes of P.A.I.N. (Pathetic Acute
Indescribable Nightmare).

MORAL to the Story:  DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (without first taking a thorough
Test Drive) !!!

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults that did happen,

Rick - K 6 V V A * The (QLF) Locust