[3830] ARRL June VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 04:13:12 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W1XM
Operator(s): KB1CGZ W1GSL WG1Z W1PLL AB1IZ
Station: W1XM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN42ki Cambridge, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 25

    6:  174    47
    2:  142    23
  222:   34    13
  432:   45    12
  903:    6     5
  1.2:   18     8
  2.3:    6     5
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  425   113  Total Score = 64,410

Club:

Comments:

It seemed like we weren't going to see an opening, but we finally did on Sunday
evening, when 6 opened. So finally a rare contest where we have more grids on
6m than on 2m from FN42ki. Yay.

Not as understaffed as we have been lately, though didn't really catch the
night shift Saturday. In all the excitement, we forgot to work W2SZ on 9EF
until it was too late -- oops.

Horrible noise source on 902-908 MHz, have a sneaking suspicion it is right
underneath our noses.

Still need to work on alligatoring issues on 2m. Making better use of our
antenna switch and fixed-position short Yagi to compliment the stacked pair on
the rotor.

Convenient that they cancelled the scheduled thunderstorms. Kind of like the
guy who came back to me at 10:30pm on Saturday night to say, "The contest
is over."

We still need to do a better job of passing QSOs from 2m to 6m. It's hard to
do, especially when 6m is super-noisy. Perhaps we need to be more quick to try
CW on 6m.

Equipment was good, though we started the contest with the 6m antenna rotated
90 degrees on the mast and took quite a while to notice.

Best DX was...C6ATA/FL15, I think. In the Bahamas, maybe Nassau?

A good number of rovers! KM3T/R, K2EZ/R, KC2PJH/R, N2SPI/R, WB2SIH/R, KF2MR/R.
Nice job, guys!