[3830] ARRL June VHF KJ6MBW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KJ6MBW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 06:36:05 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  66     23  Total Score = 1,541

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-857D (100w on 6m, 50w on 2m, 20w on 70cm)
Ant: 6m 2-ele add on to a HF beam, also used it on 2m.

Mix of SSB and CW contacts. No FM.

I was hoping for better Es conditions on 6m. Sat and Sunday morning - only a
few big stations from North West W7/VE7. 6m opened up well towards the end to
W0,W9 but most of the time it was either not there or just too weak for my
small yagi. Some bursts of signals on CW could be heard at times but condx was
far from being sustainable. Missed several grids which I could still hear but
typically on weak side.

Ended up working some stations on 2m without preparing a dedicated antenna for
that band. While I was hoping for a few local QSO's it got up to 140 miles QRB
on SSB what I found was rather surprising for the setup.

Regards,

Sergey