[3830] ARRL June VHF N6VI Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N6VI Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:21:15 +0000

  3.4:    7     1
  5.7:    7     1
  10G:    7     2
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  122    35  Total Score = 11,970

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had non-contest engagements on both Saturday and Sunday, so this was a
part-time rove.  After a reunion Saturday afternoon in the Antelope Valley, we
drove the perimeter of Edwards AFB out to Boron, then to Mojave and back home
for four grid squares.  On Sunday, I activated DM12 before going to visit a
good friend near San Diego, then hit DM13 and DM03 on the way back home.  Total
miles were under 500, pretty short compared with the typical competitive
routes.

The only "assistance" used was a wide-area repeater network to
coordinate microwave activity; most "randoms" were the result of
moving stations from band to band.  I sure wish more stations had 902 MHz and
up; those bands worked very well from all stops.