[3830] ARRL June VHF AC0RA/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AC0RA/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:30:10 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  526   140  Total Score = 97,160

Club:

Comments:

Started out the weekend trying to get the rover setup and had nothing but
troubles. Had to replace the coax on the 2m antenna. Had problems on 432 but
after messing around for a while got everything semi working and ran with it.
Also got a new dc rotor control to try and go to strictly 12v but the noise it
created killed 2m completely so had to switch back to using an inverter and the
ac control box.

Weather was off and storms throughout but most of the heavy rains and winds
happened while we were changing grids so it didn't effect our operations much.
Conditions on 2m and above were flat the whole contest and nothing further
worked then 370 miles above 6m. Even struggled to work n4qwz on 432 and 6 from
spots we can normally work with no problems. 6m es were in and out a bit
Saturday evening and sunday afternoon into the evening.

Local activity seemed to be down a bit to which didn't help but did maintain
our goal of 50 contacts from each grid as we operated from 10. Didn't really
take advantage of the new rules to much as I'm already busy in the rover but
did try and post to the local page every time I got to a new grid. I think I
could have done a little more but think everyone is still trying to figure out
how to best manage the new rules.

Lots of improvements to rover still need to be made but overall happy with the
results this contest. Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73 Wyatt
AC0RA