[3830] ARRL June VHF W7FSL Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lionel.mongin@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W7FSL Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 22:15:10 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W7FSL
Operator(s): F1JRD F4ARU
Station: W7FSL

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 27

    6:  586    26
    2:   40    18
  222:
  432:   14     7
  903:
  1.2:    0     0
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  640   215  Total Score = 140,610

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Find the result of W7FSL in the June VHF contest.

I had Jeremie F4ARU visiting me for a week and spending weekend here so we took
the opportunity to make a contest together We have been contesting together a
lot in the past in Europe on VHF+ and so was quite interesting to try it from
stateside.

We were operating from Mcdowell mountain park campground.
Operation was field day style from an RV (was really hot inside, and setup by
104° was interesting ...)

On 6M we had a 6 elt XL LFA from Eantenna / 5 Elt LFA short boom from Eantenna
/  5 elt yagi vertical On 2M we had a 16 elt yagi On 70cm we had a 18 elt On 23
cm we had a 23 elt.

Signal were quite weak most of the time, the 6elt long boom was really needed
and helped to dig the signal out of noise.
The 6 elt XL (24ft boom) Antenna was a real DX catcher compared to the other 2
shorter ones, and very quiet in rx.
Band finally opened on the last few hours of the contest.

DX on 6m is W1XX on FN41
DX on 2m is I2FAK on JN45 (EME)
DX on 70cm is W4OEP/R in DM41

We were not able to find any station to test our 23 cm setup ...

Some pictures of the setup:
https://imageshack.com/i/p9wIEgnrj

https://imageshack.com/i/p8artCIfj

We had a lot of fun and I would really thanks all people who have setup some
antenna on 2 & 70cm to give us some points.

See you in next contest
Lionel F1JRD / AE7KX

-----------------------------------
Contest         : ARRL June VHF QSO Party
Callsign        : W7FSL (F1JRD / F4ARU)
Mode            : MIXED
Category        : Multi Operator - Single Transmitter (MS)
Overlay         : Band restricted
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  :
Locator         : DM43DQ
Operating time  : 27h00

 BAND   QSO DUP LOC  POINTS AVG PTS AVG DIS
   50   586  26 190     586     1.0  1577.4
  144    40   1  18      40     1.0   552.9
  432    14   0   7      28     2.0   130.4
 1296     0   0   0       0     0.0     0.0
TOTAL   640  27 215     654     1.0  1481.7
           TOTAL SCORE : 140 610

Dupes are not included in QSO counts neither avg calculations

Operators       :
Soapbox         :