[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 03:28:34 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 19

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0
   80:   6      6
   40:  12      9
   20:  24     16
   15:  11      9
   10:   0
    6:   0
-------------------
Total:  53     40  Total Score = 2,120

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a strange night. I had two dupes, both with KZ5D, and both on 20. I'm
pretty sure that either Art or I logged the other station on a wrong band in
there somehow. That took my 55 Qs to a net of 53.

Loads of activity. Lost more jump balls tonight than in a long time. I spent
most of today out on the tower putting up an inverted vee at the top of the 15
meter tower. Lots and lots of complications and repeat tower climbs. Had to QRT
on the project twice due to approaching storms. Both veered off to the west, but
could not chance it. Strange, all that work to keep up with those rascals WD0T
and K0AD, both putting the hurt on me lately. Actually, the darned antenna
ended up working, sort of, using the antennas tuner. Will have to go up and all
four feet to each leg unless I want to work CW on 3770. Hmmm. Thank goodness the
FT1000MP has a good built in tuner. what a way to spend a whole day at age 73!

Thanks to three baggers to W4NZ, K7SS, and W0BH.

Five minute segments: 11, 8, 11, 11, and then (gasp) 4 and 5. Really hit a wall
on 40 meters for some reason at the end. That's usually a good band for me, but
not tonight.

Lotsa fun,

73, and thanks for the great action.

Jim N3BB