[3830] TBDC KI0I/0 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KI0I/0 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 03:09:33 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: KI0I/0
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I/0

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 3:17

Total:  QSOs = 22  Total Score = 77

Club:

Comments:

I setup an inverted L at my property far from power lines , hoping to hear
signals from far away without the power line noise of my hometown ,Garden city
MO.
Well the noise from t-storms to the north and east was so loud I might as well
have been in town. My first qso was a friend about 20miles dx. Next was WD5R
with lot of daylight left. Then things got harder as the darkness came and
noise levels rose to nearly impossible copy on anyone. I did hear Herb ,KV4FZ
but I couldnt tell if he was copying me , well I logged him anyway just in
case.My score will go down most likely as did the antenna today after Father's
Day festivities.
The rig: Icom 7000 100w thru LDG tuner to a bazooka fed coaxial inverted L
pulled up 50ft into an oak tree with the rest to a backberry tree.Four 130ft
radials out on the ground. And a air wound choke of coax in the feed line.
Battery power and a lil two cycle generator to power laptop, light bulb and a
lil fan. It was 95deg F and humidity just as high. One big battery went low on
volts so broke out a spare and got back to full power out.
All in all , I think I will pass on another portable operation in the summer
Stew hihi.
I think the setup will work well in better condx later in the year.
Thanks all for diggin me outta the mud. See ya next time 73 Mark KI0I