[3830] All Asian CW JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, icko@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:24:23 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Chiba, JAPAN
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  181    51  Total Score = 41,820

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

[Summary]
Weird propagation with multiple-hops over sporadic-e layer?
The propagation was good on Saturday, but became terrible on Sunday.

[Details]
The contest started with a good prospect with SFI and SSN fairly
good.  The contest being scheduled around the summer solstice,
the propagation on 10mb has never been easy for this contest.
The result would depend heavily on the appearance of sporadic
e propagation.

Saturday was good with the propagation opening to Western Europe
all the way to EA, F and PA, but strangely never worked any UA1~9s
or URs until our sunset, when UB7K called in for my only worked
station from the region.  We could work with Zone 4 in the U.S.,
but no Zone 5.

Sunday was terrible with no propagation with Europe at all!  Never
worked any UA1~9's, either.  I heard F8DBF (with whom already
worked on Saturday) and OH8X just minutes before the end of the
contest, but OH8X never heard me.

In any case, I broke my personal record on 10mb SB for this contest,
despite terrible propagation with countless unanswered CQs on Sunday.

See you all in IARU!

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA