[3830] ARRL FD WB8RFB 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD WB8RFB 1E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 01:09:15 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  328     10     338  Total Score = 1,332

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Used my "grab and go" 50 watt HF station (Ten Tec Scout, LDG Z11 Pro,
Laptop, etc.)and connected it to my G5RV.  Used a Honda EU2000i generator and
all worked well.  Bands were a bit rough on Saturday but they seemed to perk up
fairly well on Sunday.  Even managed to do a few runs on each band but most Q's
were S & P.  Always a fun event if you keep it in perspective and there
appeared to be lots of newbie ops out there trying their hand on both CW and
SSB.  Glad to see that even though the mistakes were obvious but that's how we
all learned, right?  If perfection is expected right out of the gate in this
event, who is going to be doing FD 20 years from now when all the professionals
are gone?  Let's lighten up, enjoy the air time, and welcome the newcomers.