[3830] ARRL FD N8KD(K7DR) 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7dr@k7dr.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N8KD(K7DR) 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:45:45 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  840     0       0  Total Score = 3,360

Club:

Comments:

Yaesu FT-450 100W
G5RV at 30 feet
20m Sloping dipole at 30 feet sloping SW
Operating under my repeater group's club call N8KD

For many years have been operating from my parents farm near Howell, MI, but
this was probably my last, as my parents are likely moving later this year.

Lots of rain Friday night into Saturday morning, but it mostly stopped by 1600z
Saturday and just had to deal with soggy ground, sun actually broke out at
sunset.

This year was all CW, starting on 40, then to 20 , and 80 late in the evening.
There was the usual summertime QRN on 80, but many West coast stations heard
and worked getting over the static. I actually had 6's and 7's calling me all
night. This was a welcome surprise after the predicted solar storm didn't
appear.

Had 840 Q's but 35 dupes, I know this is an "operating event", but it
seems that  stations need to pay more attention to stations worked. I just work
the dupes, it helps keep the frequency busy during slower times, but it can get
aggravating
when some of those dupes are less than an hour old.

This was my first contest using Win-test. I was a CT user going all the way
back to Version 6 (Green, Yellow and White DOS screens) Win-test's homage to CT
was like welcoming back an old friend. The layout and screens were lust like the
last versions of CT. A bit of a learning curve for the extra features, but the
basic layout, was CT.

Don't know if next year I will do solo, or join up with a club, but I plan on
being there for FD 2016!

73
Dave - K7DR (N8KD)