[3830] ARRL FD K5TYR 4A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wayne@wm5q.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K5TYR 4A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 01:59:01 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K5TYR
Operator(s): W5MCT WM5Q WJ5Z AG5X KF5WFA K5RFR N9JN WS5C KG5EHQ W5FOW W5CUD
KD5OOL KC5KCT K5LOW K5TWR K3MO W5WVH KG5BWP K5LXK
Station: K5TYR

Class: 4A LP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:           18
   40:  100     482
   20:  132     909
   15:  185     303
   10:   67
    6:           25
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  484    1737     0  Total Score = 6,460

Club: Tyler ARC

Comments:

The Tyler TX club put forth a good effort this year, approximately doubling our
results from 2014. Stations on 20 SSB, 40 SSB, 15/80 SSB, and AB CW (plus 6
SSB, and a (at least partly botched) GOTA operation that unfortunately we can't
count on 10 SSB). For the first time we were able to have CW and SSB operating
on the same band(s) without a hint of interference, thanks to tricks we learned
from the PVRC folks, and we got multiple duty out of our SSB tribander with a
triplexer from Inrad and bandpass filters from Array Solutions that worked
perfectly. A shortage of CW operators made for a shortfall of CW QSOs, but our
CW operators were ecstatic with having good antennas and no interference from
the same-band SSB transmitter.

Worked all 50 states, all 71 US sections, and 78/83 NA sections. Missed some of
the north/west Canada sections off the sides of the beams.

TA33 @ 30 ft
MA5B @ 40 ft
40 dipoles below the tribanders
80 OCFD @ 30 ft
FTdx5000MP
FT1000MP
FT990
K3
IC746
IC751

Lots of fun, looking forward to next year. Thanks for the QSOs.