[3830] RAC Day AB1J M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day AB1J M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 11:24:14 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:15

  160:
   80:
   40:   61      7      420        62
   20:   13      9       86        50
   15:   11              74
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   85     16      580       112  Total Score = 10,380

Club:

Comments:

A fun contest that falls randomly during the week. It works better now that I'm
retired.  Besides the VA/VEs, there were many others on the air, including the
1x1 13 Colonies stations and everyone was wishing each other's nation a Happy
Birthday.  A nice festive spirit prevailed.

OTOH, I was planning to enter as a SOSB/40 but found out too late that using
Assistance put me in the Multi-Op category.  OK, my bad, but I feel that unless
the sponsors can enforce the Unassisted category, they shouldn't have one.  And
I really doubt they are going to check it out very thoroughly.

Here's an overlooked point: With skimmers and the RBN, anyone who calls CQ is
automatically assisted, admit it or not.  Assistance works both ways, it tells
me where you are running and tells you where I'm running.  There's no such
thing as Unassisted except for a purely unaided S&P operation.  Think about
it.  Call CQ on CW and you're Assisted.  RTTY, too.

Besides I like to spot stations to boost activity and stir things up.

This puts me in a much less festive frame of mind for next year's contest.
Sorry about that.

Happy Canada Day to my friends up north.  And Happy 4th to my fellow
Americanos.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000