[3830] ARRL June VHF K5TR Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, geoiii@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K5TR Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 18:29:57 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): WM5R K5TR
Station: K5TR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EM00uf
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  618   223
    2:   92    29
  222:   25    16
  432:   52    23
  903:    1     1
  1.2:   11     8
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    3     2
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  799   300  Total Score = 270,000

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Before this years contest I stripped all of the antennas off of my vhf/uhf tower
and rebuilt the antenna system.  I needed to replace some broken antennas and
add some new bands.  All of the antennas worked well.  And it was great to get
on some new bands. For the first time in several years WM5R was in town for the
contest so he came out and we did a two op multiop. WM5R did all of the 6 meter
operating and I did all the high bands.  It was cool to finally make some
contest contacts (and my first contacts) on 10GHz.

Conditions were nothing special on any of the bands.  I did get to hear some
rain scatter most of the day on Sunday but it was only listening to the local
beacon - but still cool.

N5RZ was out as a rover and provided us with many great grids to the west that
we normally never work - and many contacts and mults on the high bands.

Looking forward to next year and getting on 902 SSB/CW with 200+ watts.  I also
hope to get the 432 and 222 higher power amps working correctly as well.

Thanks for all the contacts.

The station:
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/blanco/k5tr_station.html

50Mhz - Elecraft K3 - 2x 3-500z (1200 watts)
        7 element yagi at 75'
        7 element yagi at 30'
        7 element yagi at 25' fixed Northeast
        7 element yagi at 30' fixed Northwest
        5 element short boom yagi fixed Southeast
        2 phased vertical dipoles at 35' / 15'

144Mhz - Elecraft K3 - Elecraft XV144 - W6PO 8877 (1200 watts)
         17B2 17 element yagi at 35'
         FO12 12 element yagi at 60'
         DB224 for FM contacts

222Mhz - Elecraft K3 - Elecraft XV222 - Brick (100 watts)
         FO16 16 element yagi at 38'

432Mhz - Elecraft K3 - Elecraft XV432 - Brick (50 watts)
         2 high stack M2 432-9WL 28 element yagis at about 40'

902Mhz - Kenwood FM radio - 10 watts
       - 10 element yagi at 30'

1296Mhz - Elecraft K3 - DEMI transverter - 30 watt amp
          24 element loop yagi at 30'

10GHZ   - Elecraft K3 - DEMI transverter - 3 watts
          2 ft dish 30'

(144, 222, 432, 1296 and 10GHz  are all using the same K3)