[3830] IARU N6TV SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N6TV SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:36:46 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:39
Radios: SO2R

  160:    28     0      7       2
   80:   109     2     15       6
   40:   487   116     33      26
   20:   669   365     35      41
   15:   105    10     20      12
   10:     0     0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1398   493    110      87  Total Score = 1,253,117

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My first ever mixed mode entry in the IARU contest.  I really prefer CW only,
but I had to do enter in the Mixed category this year to compete with all of
the other West Coast guys who are trying to maximize WRTC points in the
qualifiers (K6XX, N9RV, K7RL, NX6T, etc.).

With the K index well above 3 for all but the very end of the contest,
conditions were pretty awful.  Lots of very weak signals and summer static.
The S-3 to S-5 line noise that usually doesn't bother me much was especially
troubling to me on 15m this weekend, where I think I must have missed a lot of
multipliers.

Ant: 5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80, shunt-fed tower on 160
Twr: U.S. Tower HD589-MDPL 89 ft (27 m) crank-up
Rig: Elecraft K3 (2)
Amp: Alpha 87A (2)
SO2R: microHAM MK2R+
Software: Win-Test 4.17.0