[3830] IARU OH6LI(@OH6LI/OH4A) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jpklemola@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OH6LI(@OH6LI/OH4A) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 16:01:10 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OH6LI
Operator(s): OH6LI
Station: OH6LI/OH4A

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 23,5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    79    0       7       28
   80:   247    0      12       32
   40:   379    0      30       40
   20:  1170    0      39       39
   15:   551    0      29       40
   10:   131    0      13       28
-------------------------------------
Total:  2557    0     130      207  Total Score = 2,865,500

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Contesting offers us so much at different levels.

Had great learning opportunities to enhance motivation, like WR1TC (K5ZD)
wrote.
Had massive weather issues, like OG2P (OH2PM) wrote. Pertti is my 'next door
neigghbor', just about 20 or 25 km away.

Some three hours into the contest the station seemed to lose radio 1 antenna
system. It simply seemed to show big SWR and stop working. Tried to fix it only
to find out nothing was wrong. No. Don't ask.

The mental learning curve was steepening as fatigue was building up through the
next 21 hours.

Contesting offers real self-improvement and change management lessons at least
I would not get anywhere else.

On the positive side, I planned per band a target for score, QSOs and
multipliers.
Looking at performance vs plan, nearly everything came together very nicely.
The biggest gap were 15m zones. They were unavailable to the planned level. The
propagation simply was not favoring IARU HF 2015.

Thank You all for QSOs.

73,
Jukka OH6LI