[3830] IARU VR2XAN SOABSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VR2XAN SOABSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:35:41 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VR2XAN
Operator(s): VR2XAN
Station: VR2XAN

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:            4     0        4
   40:           64    14       24
   20:          285    27       32
   15:          592    34       37
   10:           90    17       24
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1035    92      121  Total Score = 833,043

Club:

Comments:

After that i tested the propagation a week before the contest and i found really
amazing conditions, I decided to have fun during the 24 hours of IARU Contest
partecipating in the SSB low power category and without installing my usual
Contest Antenna set up. For these reasons i used my 4 Bands rotary dipole and
my inverted V on 80.

I'll never do it again!!

During all contest the propagation has been horrible!!!

I didn't hear a single signal from NA on 10 and even on 15 meters! On 20 I made
10 QSO (9 US and 1 VE) and on 40 I made a single QSO with the "beacon"
W7WA.

On 80 meters i heard a few strong HQ stations from EU but unfortunately they
didn't hear me :-(

On high bands (10, 15 and 20) a lot of signals from EU (and even from JA) were
around S0 to S2 !!!!

I spent a lot of time searching Mults because i couldn't have a decent small
pile-up.

Thank you for all stations that have had the patience to listen to my call and
see you in the next contest.

Best 73 de VR2XAN (IV3TAN) Alberto