[3830] NAQP RTTY N3QE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N3QE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:40:17 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   89    28
   40:  162    45
   20:  131    36
   15:   67    20
   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  454   132  Total Score = 59,928

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Ad Hoc

Comments:

My first time doing N1MM+, and my first time with SO2R capabilities! Just
minutes before the test I was still adding radials to the Home-Depot-material
verticals I had put together in the backyard for the second radio. (See below
for why it is important that they be built only from home depot material).

This contest will not set any personal records for me for QSO numbers. 15M was
just skipping right over the vast majority of the midwest and landing in 7 and
6 land. 20M was much better to 0-land, but there was still a sore lack of mults
from 1-, 2-, and 8-land.

For the first many hours I was using the second radio to find and pick off
multipliers. It paid off - I'm certainly "mult-high" compared to some
past years. Then I adjusted my messages a little, and in the last hours I had
figured out how to keep my messages nicely interleaved between two radios to
the point where I could keep two QSO's in flight with timing between radios -
for the time when the rate peaked up at least!

I worked many new-to-me or new-to-me-on-RTTY calls. Great!

I cannot help but notice that PVRC fielded 6 teams, NCCC fielded 6 teams, and
SMC had ten teams!

See you all in NAQP CW in a few weeks! My call KH6/N3QE for that one, operated
rental-car-mobile from parking lot right up on the ocean on east side of Kauai
(and getting back to the first paragraph... antenna built from Home Depot
materials I have found to be stocked on island!)