[3830] NAQP RTTY N2QT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N2QT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:00:43 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Radios: SO2R

   80:    1     1
   40:   56    25
   20:   76    25
   15:   33    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  166    63  Total Score = 10,458

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC SWVA 1

Comments:

This turned into more of a part time operation than I had planned.  I am limited
on rotatable antennas until the tree guy prunes some interfering branches and I
was fighting a flaky soundcard driver (BSOD issues) and getting used to using
N1MM+.  So had to take time off to install a new sound card (success) and to
figure out how N1MM+ wanted me to operate. All of this could have been avoided
if only I had participated in one of the practice sessions!

Conditions also seemed poor. I've had better response rates running QRP! Noise
and qsb seemed high and my lack of additional decoder windows and profiles was
detrimental. Too often a good sounding signal had very poor print, almost like
I had the IF BW set too tight. The slow pacing of my usb generated FSK is also
on the list to fix.

Radios Two Elecraft K3
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at 54 ft