[3830] CQWW VHF N8VW SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N8VW SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:13:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N8VW
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: N8VW

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EN80
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  20     0
    2:
-------------------
Total:  20     0  Total Score = 1

Club: Central Ohio Contest Club

Comments:

Missed Saturday evening because had to pick someone up at the airport and the
flight was delayed.  Otherwise, propagation was low and worked all I could hear
and all who could hear me.

Picked up an A503s on Thursday before the contest and put it up on a 23'
section of fence rail with an arm-strong rotator.  With this setup i found out
that I have multiple sources of QRN, that is what I get for living in the city.
 However, having the Yagi did help, with the 90' flat-top wire@45' it is almost
impossible to hear any weak signal.

Finally found a source for element to boom stand-offs so I can finish my 5el
LFA.  Hope to have it operational by Sept. VHF.