[3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 04:21:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:   40    20
   40:  109    33
   20:  134    34
   15:   39    16
   10:
-------------------
Total:  322   103  Total Score = 33,166

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC - Team Ampere

Comments:

Struggled all day Friday trying to get the TimeWave Navigator and my Windows 8.1
laptop and N3FJP NAQP software to all work in harmony but it was a total bust.
In desperation, I dug out my old XP laptop on Saturday morning and in less than
an hour had all the elements (rig control, K1EL Keyer, laptop keyboard, and CW
paddle)talking and working together for the first time ever.  It really made a
difference in working the contest and my rate was the best yet over the course
of the day. Bands started out slow but picked up into the early and later
evening hours.  Most of the contacts were S & P but it seemed all I had to
do was turn the dial as I walked up or down the band and the next station was
one I needed.  Pulled the plug around 2200 local as I was getting pretty fuzzy
and the CW was starting to sound like mush.  Thanks to all for the QSO's.
Worked many on two and three bands which helped add to the total.  Log
submitted.