[3830] NAQP CW VE5KS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE5KS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 23:04:13 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: sk
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   37    21
   40:   92    38
   20:  116    41
   15:   42    24
   10:   24    10
-------------------
Total:  311   134  Total Score = 41,674

Club: Saskatchewan Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

First of all thanks to all the ops out there for the QSO's.
When I checked the bands before the contest they were very quiet, and I thought
that it will be a difficult contest, boy was I wrong. At 1800Z there were
signals on 10 metres, only worked 24 stations but it was a good sign.
I almost worked as many stations on 40 mtrs as I did on 20, that has never
happened before.
I found that propagation was excellent north-south but east-west was a problem
on most bands.
Sorry to all the stations that asked for QSY's, I did try but unfortunately
there was no propagation.
I did much better than last year, about 6X better. Most of my contacts were
S&P only did a couple of run's, with the QRN,QRM and QSB it did not seem to
be wise to try and run, so S&P it was.
Unfortunately I will miss the SSB contest due to timing conflicts.
I look forward to the next contest.

73 John

Kenwood TS 140S
Antennas, Cushcraft A3S @ 40 ft and a fan inverted Vee for 40/80 mtrs.