[3830] 1010SumSSB N5XZ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N5XZ@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 1010SumSSB N5XZ HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 02:27:11 +0000
                    10-10 Int. Summer Contest, SSB

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 511  Total Score = 766

Club: Houston SHOT

Comments:

Really lousy conditions most of the time. On top of that, I had to contend with
a bad utility lightning arrestor arcing less than 400 ft from the shack in the
direction of South America. The utility company came out the Monday before the
contest, but they couldn't fix it and had to call it in. S9+ noise without the
noise blanker. As good as the NB is on the Elecraft K3, it wasn't enough to
eliminate it. Otherwise, considering everything, I am happy with making over
500 QSOs. Thanks to all who called, especially the locals in the Houston and
Austin/San Antonio areas.

Rig: Elecraft K3/P3
Amp: ETO Alpha 78
Ant: 4-el SteppIR @ 75 ft.
S/W: N1MM v1.0.5053.0 using 1010RTTY UDC Module and KF6ILA Call History File