[3830] ARRL UHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:20:35 +0000
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: KF2MR/R
Operator(s): KF2MR
Station: KF2MR/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  222:  21      6
  432:  29      8
  903:  12      5
  1.2:  17      6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:   8      4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  87     33  Total Score = 13,860

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

(Multiplier total includes 4 grids visited). I wanted to add a band or two to
enter the rover category and hit 20,000 points. I fell short of this goal, but
the 10G gear and another local rover (N2QIP/R) helped to push the score well
above last year. No contacts on 2304, though at least one station had the band
and we made an attempt. As a rover, I enjoy this contest with the ability to
put away the larger 6m and 2m antennas and simplify my setup. The early end
time also makes it convenient to be able to tear down the system in daylight!
With a somewhat low QSO rate, I used the ON4KST chat page on my iPad to setup a
few contacts that would have been more challenging if I didn't have it
available. I never had the time or interest to try it in the VHF contest, but
worth the effort for UHF.