[3830] 50FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 06:39:38 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 64  Mults = 34  Tot Dist(km) = 17361  Total Score = 2,176

Club:

Comments:

YAY! Mid-summer (VERY 'early' FALL) Es. What I'd been hoping for since urging
the Fall Sprint hosts to try holding the 50 MHz "Fall" Sprint when
there was a chance for some late-season Es (or even some meteors). If only this
could happen EVERY year.

Much better than last year's 24 QSOs x 11 Grids.

Of 64 QSOs, eight had path lengths over 1400 km, with three different COLORADO
stations including W9RM from all four of the Grids I visited (each of those
QSOs having path lengths over 1700 km). No other path lengths exceeded 200 km.

Twenty different calls in the log, eleven of those worked from all four of the
grids I visited. Another five calls were contacted from three of the four grids
 visited; one call from two of the four and three more calls from just one grid
each.

Eleven total different Grids Worked - DM58, DM69, DM79, EN41, EN51, EN52, EN60,
EN61, EN62, EN63 and EN72 - best count from a single grid was 10 from 14 Qs I
made from EN52 (missed DM79 from there).

EN52 was my most popular target grid, 26 of of 64 (40%) of my QSOs were made
with stations in that grid.

Thanks to the propagation 'gods' for their contribution.

Thanks to all who participated, especially to those who pulled the
CoROVERolla's signals out of the mud.

Final thanks to the Southeast VHF Society and Fall Sprint Chair Bruce, NT4RT,
for their sponsorship and effort to support and promote the Fall Sprints.

73, JK