[3830] WAE CW VE7UF(VE7JH) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VE7UF(VE7JH) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:28:08 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vancouver Island
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:    1     0     4
   40:   42     0    66
   20:  443   481    96
   15:   36    40    38
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  522   521   204  Total Score = 212,772

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Duane for letting me operate his superb station. Those triple stacks
came in handy as conditions were very poor from the Pacific Northwest to
Europe. Most signals were weak. I hope the logcheckers will show mercy when
cross-checking the serial numbers, you can only ask for so many repeats before
it gets embarrassing...

It's nice to have an app on my phone that wakes me every 60 minutes to check to
see if 20m is open overnight.

On day 2 at 1900 I was bored and decided to play with the SO2R setup and called
CQ on a dead 15m band. EC2DX blew my headphones off, followed by a dozen or so
EA and F stations. Wow, the magic of propagation.

Great turnout from our European friends, but if I sound over there as they
sound here I've no idea how they copied half my QTCs. Good job!

Thanks to the organizers for keeping the tradition alive, see you in 2016!

73,
Gabor, VE7JH