[3830] WAE CW K5WA(@K5NA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K5WA(@K5NA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:58:45 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:   19    11    60
   40:  144   134   117
   20:  347   349    88
   15:  359   378    92
   10:    6     0     8
-------------------------
Total:  885   862   365  Total Score = 637,655

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks a million to Richard and Susan for letting me intrude (again) on their
fabulous country home/station.  Everything played perfectly.  The only problem
was a quick restart of N1MM+ when it got really sluggish after 500 Qs or so.
The restart put it back to full speed.

Conditions were horrible here in Texas but Richard reminded me that "it's
a normal Texas summer".  QRN, no propagation to EU on 80 or 10 and just
barely enough on 40 to say it was "open".  Listening to N2NT and N2YO
running EU on 40 and 80 when we couldn't hear a peep from the guys they were
working is the ultimate slap in the face.  How about a North American score
multiplier that starts with 1 at VY2ZM and goes to 5 by the time it gets to
California and Oregon.  ;-)

I thought the RF curtain had been installed just south of K5YAA when I heard
him flying past me in rate.  I'm really glad he skipped 80 and 10 to give me a
break. My score will take a hit for 40M and 80M ESP QSOs during the high QRN
times.  Richard's 8 circle saved the day on 80 and 40 to make those bands
tolerable though.

N5AW takes the cake though because this weekend was a killer with HP...I can't
imagine how Marv does it with LP but I'm going to have to try it soon and find
out what it's like.

Biggest fun was having DP9Z (I think it was) come back to me over and over in
the last 90 minutes of the contest wondering when I was going to get enough
QSOs to give him 10 QTCs.  We never made it but had fun trying. ;-)

Off to sleep now.

73,

Bob K5WA