[3830] WAE CW N4TZ/9 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4tz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N4TZ/9 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:08:48 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N4TZ/9
Operator(s): N4TZ
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 35:45
Radios: SO2R

   80:   19          15
   40:  209          40
   20:  398          47
   15:  247          42
   10:    4           4
-------------------------
Total:  877   877   366  Total Score = 641,964

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time in WAE...

In general, I'm happy with a score in a DX contest that is
half of W9RE's, so I guess I'm happy!

THe 4x mult for 80 is a score killer!  No permanent antennas
for 80 so the day I got home from my Dad's funeral I
put up a lazy V on the tower - the antennas can't turn
but with all QSOs from Europe that isn't a problem (unless
you are looking for scatter path on 10m). No beverages,
so 80 was very hard to hear on as well.  Really miss the
four square I install every October.

Finally found a stable internet feed for spots - W9PA kept
kicking me out every few minutes during the week so I used
the one N5AW told me about.

After losing two radios in the CQ WPX CW weekend, and losing
another radio and my prop pitch in the IARU (I'm losing count
of the number of failures of the supposedly bullet-proof
piece of *#$#), it was nice to make it through the weekend with
no further incidents.