[3830] NAQP SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 06:12:56 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:   4      2
   80:  17      6
   40:  21     10
   20:  27     16
   15:   1      1
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  71     36  Total Score = 2,556

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #5

Comments:

Nothing on 10m.
Nothing on 15m.
Finally weak signals on 20m. Even NR5M was weak. I ran up and down working
(well, trying to work) the louder stations. I even tried to move a local
to 15m, but they wouldn't go. I finished my promised first hour, and
looked at 15m just for fun, and worked NQ7R in Arizona!  With my hopes up,
I looked at 10m. Zilch!  I left the panadapter on, and a few minutes later
snagged a local testing a new headset for my only 10M QSO and Mult!

I came back for the last 1.5 hours, and practiced "Low Bands QRP."
Yes, it
was ridiculous. Noisy, weak, and only good ears could hear me. 40m and 80m
kept improving, 160m had some loud signals in the last few minutes.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10m, 15m, 20m: Force 12 C-3 at 48ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 70 ft
160m: Inverted L
One Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog