[3830] OhQP K8O Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8car@bex.net
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8O Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:16:12 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8O
Operator(s): W8CAR K8NZ
Station: K8O

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: oh
Operating Time (hrs): 11:5

   80:   88      6
   40:  473     49
   20:  134     26
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  776    104  CW Mults = 69  Ph Mults = 33  Total Score = 152,984

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

An event to be remembered. We had all sorts of problems but somehow kept on
keeping on. Condx seemed pretty good but at times we felt like no one could
hear us then the bands would explode with signals. We had a best hour of 133 Qs
and low of 38. Qs per state.FL 48,GA 45,PA 45,TN,46,TX 46. TNX to all who moved
us to SSB, N4PN amd K0RI hold the record and if we heard "qsy ssb" on
CW we knew who it was! total of 46 Qs between the two of them!

problems in no particular order:
80 meter antenna that normally works great just sounded like dummy load-found
out 6 hours in test that W8CAR had left the AUX rcvr ant. button clicked.(I
normally use RCVR ants at the home station) Found later that antenna had other
REAL problems AND when tearing down yesterday found all hardware loose on
antenna.

WINKEY kept losing its comport requiring a COMPLETE (at least 5 times) restart
of the winXP laptop. Eventually that went away.

TomTom GPS routed us around a detour (I think) way out of our way causing us to
not know what county we were in for a bit. Think we spent an hour in Defiance
but the rate stayed pretty good. As a consequence we did not make our last 4
counties.

AND, The chief op, (W8CAR), after meticulously planning and printing a 'route
sheet' that had times in county, miles in county and stopping points, neglected
to put it IN the car where it would be useful.

But it was a beautiful day to be driving around Ohio and the looks we get from
people are worth every penny!

 tnx for all the Qs guys

73 Dan W8CAR