[3830] NA Sprint SSB K8MR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K8MR LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 13:36:48 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - August

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   55
   40:   75
   20:   57
---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCC Hi-Lo Power

Comments:

This one exceeded expectations! I figured I'd get on to pass out a few fresh
meat qsos to the deserving, and indeed started half an hour into the contest to
give the sharks their undisturbed feeding frenzy time. Nor did I bother with the
amplifier - I was lazy, and I need to lower my expectations in line with the
transition to spending winters condoized in Florida. I also took off a few
minutes to work some Kansas guys in their QSO party.

Yes, I occasionally did wonder why I kept getting beat out to guys with good
signals, and then remembered that I was barefoot and much of the competition
was not. But other than not working scatter signals, I had a pretty good kill
ratio when calling guys.

Great multipliers! I can recall only once, quite a while back, hitting 50 mults
on CW. I missed a couple I heard like OK, KP2, and NE, but never heard New
Jersey!

And as always, sad to hear so often the name of a recently departed friend.
RIP, Alan.

73 - Jim K8MR