[3830] SCC RTTY AB1J SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY AB1J SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:39:14 +0000
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:27

   80:
   40:  54     34
   20:  51     32
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  54     34  Total Score = 3,842

Club:

Comments:

Only the 40m operation was submitted for entry.

Conditions are still poor but the September equinox is approaching so things
should perk up and then we head into the fall contest season.  I hope my
expectations won't be deflated.  Things have been a little flat here in the
Boston area.

This was a casual effort to further check N1MM+, which got a D.  The biggest
problem is it won't stay connected to my RTTY skimmer via Telnet over my home
wireless system. N1MM Classic works fine.

Also, I've just enjoyed RTTY contests ever since my first QSO (in the 2008 CQ
WW RTTY).  Guess you never forget your first baud.

I operated all bands (40 and 20, wow!) but entered as 40m.  I went to bed early
and got up late.  That won't be true later on when I get more serious.  Staying
up all night isn't much fun, but it's essential.  One thing that will be less
stressful is we no longer have a cat (RIP, Ebony) who fretted all night -
things just weren't right and maybe this was a missed food opportunity.
Something was badly amiss, she felt.

See you in the Russian WW RTTY.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000
N1MM+/MMVARI/MMTTY/2Tone/GRITTY on WinH8
Attic dipoles and outdoor 40m stealth antenna